Thieves love patio doors!
Since most residential sliding patio doors lead to a patio, deck or back yard, they are a preferred point of entry for burglars. These patio doors are rarely visible to neighbors and street traffic as they are usually behind the residence. Also, they can be camouflaged by fences, trees, BBQ grills, furniture and bushes. In times of economic stress residential thefts often increase… and, making patio door security a top priority should be emphasized. However, if you need cleaning services for your furniture, you can check out this cleaning company in miami for help!
House renovation is a significant job that can take a long time to complete and can be expensive. A significant amount of garbage generated during construction is one of the numerous difficulties that you could have when renovating a home. You can use the garbage and recycling services to eliminate the accumulated remodeling waste for which we recommend to hire local rubbish removal experts.
Although a sophisticated alarm system can provide optimum security, since there are some great home security systems in the market right now, there are many other things that can be done to dramatically improve the security of your patio door for little or no money.
Any security measures that warn of a prowler or attempted entry… and/or, prevent the opening or removal of the patio door are strongly suggested, for more tips, check out this security fencing company. Your property will have an additional layer of security if you install a security system.
You may take advantage of the advantages that come with having a security system whether you rent or own. Find the best provider for your security requirements and objectives by comparing the top home security systems in the nation, get redirected here.
And, such measures don’t have to cost much, if anything, when dealing with any backyard you should always look into hiring the best experts on the market, make sure the professionals you hire use tree climbing carabiner.
- A battery-operated or wireless motion-detector that will light-up and/or make an irritating loud noise can be placed outside at least two feet above the patio door. $19.95 & up
- An old broomstick, cut to the proper length, can be placed in the track to keep the door from being opened. But, if you don’t like the look of the broomstick or you are tired of bending over to pick it up, there are dozens of other items available that prevent unauthorized access. They are more attractive and many are virtually unseen. Free – $49.95
- A small “spacer” can be placed in the upper track to prevent the door from being lifted out. Free – 79¢
- Many doors have a latch in the door that hooks over a piece in the frame when the door is closed and latched. If this latch hooks “down” it is possible for the door to be lifted to “un-hook” the latch. This type of latch mechanism can often be reversed to remedy the situation. Free – $59
- When your door is closed and latched… and you pull on the handle, the door should not move more than 1/8 inch. If it can move further, while still being latched, a burglar can insert an object between the door and the frame, such as a credit card, to move the latch. Most door latch mechanisms have an adjustment screw for a tighter fit. Free
- Many doors have been found to use a plastic exterior handle that can be easily broken to reveal access to the latch mechanism. A pair of nail clippers then gets them in. A stronger metal exterior handle will substantially reduce the possibility of this happening. Stronger handles are readily available, be sure to look into water damage restoration san diego. $9.95 & up
- If you have a sliding screen door on the inside and the operating door (the one that moves) is on the outside, preventing the door from being lifted out is crucial. This can be prevented with the spacer mentioned earlier or a special security device in the track or door frame. 79¢ – $63
- Security devices that require a key to open the patio door from the inside are not recommended. In an emergency, such as a fire, exiting can be delayed or prevented with drastic consequences. So if you feel like there might be a suffering with the drastic consequences from opening the patio door then for emergency purposes you can check more here.